LITTLE RED



I age, wrinkle and collect experience in the strands of my hair.  It is the knowing that brings me comfort these days.  

There will always be someone willing to tell you who are, if you let them.  Swallowing true intentions
slow...like vermouth. The wolf quiets truth with small suggestions and a smile.

I was naked, offered a scarf, and pair of gloves. Given a new name, scrubbed clean with hair fastened into a tight bun in exchange for my voice.

When they tell you that there is something to learn from everyone. Don’t believe them.
This is how the lonely and the loveless enter. Young girl,

Careful 
of
 snakes 
in
 the
 grass.

See with your own eyes. Trust the quiet exhale of your lungs.

You. Are. Powerful. 

Popular posts from this blog

Lesson Learned

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST

A mix of things...